When we don’t get enough sleep, our body releases more of the stress hormone CORTISOL.
When CORTISOL levels are too high or too low, it can affect many systems of the body.
- Cortisol is responsible for the following;
- Manages how your body uses carbohydrates, fats, and proteins
- Keeps inflammation down
- Regulates blood pressure
- Increases blood sugar (glucose)
- Boosts energy so you can handle stress and restores balance afterward
- Controls your sleep/wake cycle
When CORTISOL levels are unbalanced,
your sleep aptterns are interrupted!
If You Want Better Sleep,
Improve Your Sleep Patterns!
See how in our Put It Into Practice section next!