Many people don’t know that Cortisol plays a POSITIVE role in the following:
- Helps manage how we use carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Keeps inflammation down
- Regulates blood pressure
- Aides in balancing blood sugar
- Controls sleep and wake cycles
- Boosts energy to handle stress AND restores BALANCE post stress
After a crisis has passed cortisol levels should calm down.
Your body systems should return to normal.
If you are CONSTANT stress, the ALARM button is ALWAYS ON. Consistently high Cortisol levels may cause some comfortable results:
- Heart Disease
- Memory & concentration problems
- Digestion issues
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight gain